We are obsessed with 1990s music. When you look back at that decade we were in for a real treat for all genres of music. To test your knowledge on your next lockdown Zoom call with family, friends, or colleagues, why not bring out this 90s music trivia quiz filled with 50 music questions and answers.
As always, we try to include some easy and difficult questions. Plus, at the end of the quiz, we have a name the song from the lyrics section.
1. Which TV series had the theme tune ‘I’ll Be There For You’ by The Rembrandts?
2. What are the first names of the Gallagher brothers from Oasis?
Liam and Noel
3. What is the name of the Spice Girls first number 1 hit?
4. ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ was a hit for which grunge band?
5. Who had a hit with “I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)”?
6. Phil Daniels features on which Blur song?
7. Who held the number one spot in the UK charts for 16 weeks with (Everything I Do) I’d Do It For You?
8. Which band thought he was ‘pretty fly for a white guy’?
9. ‘Basketcase’, ‘When I Come Around’ and ‘Brain Stew’ were songs by which American punk band in the 90s?
10. Which Madonna song was the biggest selling single of 1990, selling over 6 million copies?
11. Who is known for the songs ‘Cornflake Girl’, ‘Professional Widow’ and ‘A Sorta Fairytale’?
12. Which Irish band had hits with ‘Linger’, ‘Salvation’, and ‘Zombie’?
13. Which famous Icelandic singer had hits with ‘Human Behaviour’, ‘Venus as a Boy’, and ‘It’s Oh So Quiet’?
14. Which girl band’s debut album was called ‘The Writing’s on the Wall’ released in 1999?
15. Name the lead singer of the band, No Doubt.
16. Which rapper had a hit with Dr Dre on ‘California Love’?
2Pac / Tupac Shakur
17. T-Boz, Left-Eye, and Chilli were members of which r’n’b girl group?
18. Marshall Bruce Mathers is better known by his stage name of what?
19. What was the name of the debut single from Britney Spears?
Baby One More Time
20. Who released albums titled ‘Big Willie Style’ and ‘Willenium’?
21. ‘Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)’ featuring a sample from the musical Annie, was a hit for which rapper?
22. ‘Creep’, ‘Paranoid Android’, and ‘Fake Plastic Trees’ were hits for which band?
23. ‘Losing My Religion’ was a huge hit for which band?
24. Jarvis Cocker is the frontman and singer for which band?
25. Natalie Imbruglia sang the hit of summer 98 with which single?
26. What was the name of the Coolio hit from soundtrack to the film ‘Dangerous Minds’?
27. Norman Cook is better known by his DJ stage name of what?
28. Who sang the movie title track to The Titanic?
Celine Dion (My Heart Will Go On)
29. What was the best selling single of the entire decade of the 1990s?
Elton John’s ‘Candle in the Wind 1997’
30. Which Dolly Parton song did Whitney Houston cover in 1992?
‘I Will Always Love You’
31. Which film ended with Underworld’s dance track ‘Born Slippy’?
32. ‘Love Is All Around’ topped the UK charts for 15 weeks for which band?
Wet Wet Wet
33. Aqua had a best-selling song in 1997, what was it called?
34. ‘Unfinished Sympathy’, ‘Teardrop’, and ‘Protection’ were hits for which band from Bristol?
35. Which 90s dance craze stemmed from a hit by Los Del Mar?
36. Jason, Howard, Mark, Gary, and Robbie were members of which band?
37. In 1997, which band claimed ‘the drugs don’t work’?
38. Who told us all to ‘wear sunscreen’?
Baz Luhrmann in ‘Everybody’s Free To Wear Sunscreen’
39. ‘All That She Wants’ was a hit for which Swedish group?
Ace of Base
40. ‘Jagged Little Pill’ was the name of the debut album for which Canadian singer?
41. Name the song: “You are my fire, the one desire”
‘I Want It That Way’ by The Backstreet Boys
42. Name the song: “You need to give it up, had about enough, it’s not hard to see…”
‘The Boy Is Mine’ by Brandy and Monica
43. Name the song: “No I can’t forget this evening or your face as you were leaving, but I guess that’s just the way the story goes.”
‘Without You’ by Mariah Carey
44. Name the song: “The best thing about bein’ a woman is the prerogative to have a little fun”
‘Man! I Feel Like a Woman!’ by Shania Twain
45. Name the song: “I want to stand with you on a mountain, I want to bathe with you in the sea.”
‘Truly, Madly, Deeply’ by Savage Garden
46. Name the song: “But did you know that when it snows, my eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen?”
‘Kiss From A Rose’ by Seal
47. Name the song: “And I don’t want the world to see me, ’cause I don’t think that they’d understand”
‘Iris’ by Goo Goo Dolls
48. Name the song: “I like the sushi ’cause it’s never touched a frying pan”
‘One Week’ by Barenaked Ladies
49. Name the song: “She’ll make you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain.”
‘Livin la Vida Loca’ by Ricky Martin
50. Name the song: “It’s been seven hours and 15 days”
‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ by Sinead O’Connor
Download the 90s quiz
Download a PDF version of this 90’s music quiz with all the questions and answers. Simply fill in the box below, confirm your email, and you’ll get a link and password to our free resource library where you can save the PDF to your computer and print out at home.
Good luck with your 90s music trivia quiz!
And check back soon for our 90s trivia questions and answers.