As the UK heads back into its third lockdown we are gearing up for some more virtual fun with friends and family by hosting more quizzes. We have a new music quiz lined up ready for your next family zoom chat.
For our first general non-Christmas music quiz, we wanted something for all ages. We’ve kept it family-friendly and simple in the hopes that everyone can answer something.
If you need a lockdown quiz, look no further! Enjoy today’s general music quiz with 37 music questions and answers. Scroll to the bottom for the free PDF versions to download at home.
Music Trivia Quiz – 37 Music Quiz Questions and Answers
1. Name all five members of One Direction
Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik
2. Who was the original drummer for The Beatles?
3. How many members are there in Korean boy band – BTS?
4. In which year did the Spice Girls release Wannabe?
5. Which singer ‘can’t stop staring at those ocean eyes’?
6. Will.i.am is best known for being part of which hip hop group?
Black Eyed Peas
7. Who had a No.1 hit with “Ice Ice Baby”?
8. What is the best-selling single of all-time worldwide?
White Christmas by Bing Crosby
9. Name the band that Phil Collins is a part of.
10. In which video did Michael Jackson first perform his famous moonwalk in 1983?
11. Who is the best-selling female artist of all time?
12. At 99 years old, who become the oldest person to top the UK Singles Chart in 2020?
Captain Sir Thomas Moore
13. ‘Getting to Know You’ is one of the best known songs from which musical?
The King and I
14. With which Cuban-American singer did Shawn Mendes team up with on the track “Señorita”?
15. Stormzy collaborated with Burna Boy and which other British musician on ‘Own It’?
16. Guy Berryman, Jon Buckland, Will Champion, Chris Martin are members of which band?
17. ‘Children’ was a 1996 instrumental hit for which DJ?
18. Which synth-pop duo reached UK number one with ‘West End Girls’ in 1986?
Pet Shop Boys
19.Which female artist had her first hit in 1957 with ‘Walkin after Midnight’?
20.Which Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars track spent 14 weeks on top of the Billboard Hot 100 in 2015? a) Marry You b) 24K Magic c) Uptown Funk?
c) Uptown Funk
21. Which musical is based on the 1992 film of the same name which starred and featured songs by Whitney Houston
22. In which Mama and Papas song are: “all the leaves are brown and the sky is grey”?
23.Which American hip hop duo had a 1986 hit with ‘Push It’?
24.‘I got sunshine on a cloudy day’ is the opening line to which Temptations song?
25. The Barbadian singer Robyn Fenty is better known by her middle name of what?
26. Björn Again is a tribute band for which world-famous pop group?
27. Which American pop star had back to back 2015 chart success with singles ‘Sorry’ and ‘Love Yourself’?
28. American singer Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta is best known by which stagename?
29. In 2017 Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee topped the chart in 47 countries with which song?
30. In which song did Queen sing: “I’ve fallen in love / I’ve fallen in love for the first time”?
I Want To Break Free
31. Beyonce rose to stardom as part of which girl band?
32. Who went solo in 1987 with the song ‘Faith’?
33. In what decade was American jazz trumpeter Miles Davis born?
34. Which band had hits with ‘Atomic’ and ‘Call Me’?
35. Which Drake song broke records in 2016?
36. In which song did Elvis Presley sing: “A little more bite and a little less bark / A little less fight and a little more spark”
A Little Less Conversation
37. Who sang with the Wailers?
Download and print the PDF version of this general music quiz
If you would like to download the PDF version of this general music quiz to either use digitally or print at home, we have made copies available in both A4 and US Letter size so you can print anywhere in the world.
To get your free copy along with all of our other quizzes simply type your name and email into the form below, confirm your email in your inbox and you will directed to the secret resource library.