2020 has certainly been the year for the online quiz. Many of us are jumping onto Zoom video calls whether that’s with friends, family, or co-workers, it’s great way to still stay in touch during social distancing times. It has been a great way to stay in touch, and a quiz just adds a whole element of fun to the online virtual meet-ups.
Hopefully you are all able to keep safe this Christmas 2020 and if you would like to host an online quiz for a group of adults, we have some questions and answers that might do the trick.
The Christmas questions on this quiz are hopefully a little more challenging than the kids-version, although we are sure we can come up with an even more challenging one soon. We have pulled together an epic list of Christmas quiz questions so do pick out the ones that you like best for your own quiz depending on how much time you want to dedicate to the quiz.
So don your Santa hats, clip on those novelty earrings, and drape some tinsel round your neck and get into the Christmas spirit this year with this Christmas quiz for grownups.
Quick links to information in this post
Christmas Quiz for Adults – 61 Questions and Answers
1. In what film is it ‘Always winter but never Christmas’: a) Elf, b) The Snowman, c) The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe?
2. In which country are children visited by 13 Yule Lads instead of the 1 Santa Claus: a) Iceland, b) France, c) Italy?
3. How many days are there between Boxing Day, otherwise known as St. Stephen’s Day, and New Year’s Day (not counting Boxing Day or New Year’s Day)?
4. What job did Jesus’ father Joseph do: a) Carpet Fitter, b) Carpenter, c) Caterer?
5. How many of Santa’s Reindeer have names beginning with the letter ‘D’?
Three – Dasher, Dancer, Donner
6. In the UK, Christmas decorations traditionally stay up for: a) 12 days, b) 13 days, c) 14 days?
7. What guided the Three Wise Men to the birthplace of Jesus?
The Star of Bethlehem
8. What has been given to the people of Britain by the city of Oslo in Norway each year since 1947?
Christmas Tree (displayed in Trafalgar Square)
9. Which Christmas song repeats the lyrics, ‘O come, let us adore Him’?
O Come All Ye Faithful
10. ‘Feliz Navidad’ means Happy Christmas in which language?
11. What type of play, beginning with the letter ‘N’, is performed by children at Christmastime?
12. How many different types of birds are mentioned in the ‘Twelve Days of Christmas’ song?
6 types of birds: Partridge, Turtle Doves, French Hens, Calling Birds, Geese, Swans
13. Which popular Christmas song begins with the lyrics, ‘Oh the weather outside is frightful but the fire is so delightful…’?
Let it snow
14. What type of cake, beginning with the letter P, is traditionally eaten in Italy at Christmastime?
15. Which country is generally credited with starting the Christmas tree tradition: a) Finland, b) Germany, c) Canada?
16. In the Children’s story ‘The Snowman’, who gives a scarf to a young boy?
17. In which country do millions of people eat KFC for their main Christmas meal?
18. What are the names of the two burglars in the movie ‘Home Alone’?
Harry and Marv
19. How is the snow described as being in the Christmas song ‘Good King Wenceslas’: a) Cold and steep and freezing, b) Deep and crisp and even, c) Warm and slushy and melting?
b) Deep and crisp and even
20. What is Boxing day also known as: a) St Martin’s Day, b) St Joseph’s Day, c) St Stephen’s Day?
c) St. Stephen’s Day
21. In which popular kids Christmas movie does Santa’s son come to the rescue when Santa forgets to give a gift to a young girl?
22. What type of fruit tree is mentioned in the Twelve Days of Christmas song?
42. Who wrote, “Christmas doesn’t come from a store, maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more?”
Dr. Seuss – from ‘The Grinch Who Stole Christmas’.
43. What is the name of George Bailey’s guardian angel in It’s A Wonderful Life?
44. What was the first company that used Santa Claus in advertising?
45. Which famous Christmas poem was written by Clement Clark Moore?
Twas the night before Christmas (originally called A Visit from St. Nicholas)
46. Balsam, Douglas, Fraser and Noble are all types of what?
Christmas trees / Fir trees
47. By what title was the song Jingle Bells originally released?
One Horse Open Sleigh
48. Which classical ballet tells the story of a girl who visits the Land of Sweets on Christmas Eve?
49. In the National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation movie, what creature did the Griswold family discover living in their Christmas Tree?
50. Which British monarch was the first to broadcast a Christmas message from the sovereign to the British Empire?
King George V
51. Which of the gifts presented to Jesus by the Wise Men was commonly used as an anointing oil?
52. Which song repeats the catchy lyrics, ‘pa rum pum pum pum’?
Little Drummer Boy
53. Which Christian feast day is also known as Three Kings Day?
54. Which legendary male actor starred in both of the following Xmas movies: Holiday Inn 1942 and White Christmas 1954?
55. Which Christmas movie features Arnold Schwarzenegger?
Jingle All The Way
56. Billy Mack, an ageing rock star in the movie Love Actually, reached number 1 for Christmas with which song?
Christmas Is All Around
57. In Finland, Joulupukki describes a well known Christmas figure, what does the word Joulupukki mean?
Christmas Goat / Yule Goat
58. Which band wrote the song ‘Fairytale of New York’?
59. In which ocean is Christmas Island located?
60. What is the name of the tiny Pacific island that is first to celebrate Christmas?
61. On what date to Russians celebrate Christmas?
7th January (Orthodox Christians used the Julian, rather than Gregorian, calendar for religious celebrations)
Good luck with your Christmas quiz for adults!
Christmas Quiz Download
Would you like a lovely copy of the Christmas Quiz for Adults to download and print at home?
We have created two versions of the quiz. There is a 4 page PDF of the question and answers combined. Plus another 6 page PDF of the questions and answers on separate pages. Choose whichever version works best for you.
As always we created the free downloads in both A4 and US Letter sizes so you can print them out at home wherever you are in the world.
If you would like to download and print this at home simply fill in your details below and you will get access to the free resource library.