Next up in our Christmas quiz series, this specialist topic is all about Christmas movies! There are so many Christmas films out there for us to enjoy and they truly are a joy to watch over the festive period. They really do get us in the mood, the invoke the Christmas spirit, and they give life to all kinds of festive stories. There’s the traditional and the modern. There’s drama and comedy. We have musicals, cartoons, puppets, and more. Every year there are loads of Christmas movies to watch, old and new.
We have put together a Christmas movie quiz that hopefully covers all kinds of films from different eras and across genres. So there should be something for everyone in this quiz.
So gather on a video Zoom call with friends, family, or co-workers, and host a Christmas movie quiz this season with this list of 37 Christmas movie questions and answers.
We also have a number of other Christmas quizzes for you to try out:
2. Who played British Prime Minister in 2003 film ‘Love Actually’?
3. Which comic actor played Ebenezer Scrooge and all three ghosts in the 2009 Hollywood version of ‘A Christmas Carol’?
4. ‘Let it Snow’ famously plays out at the end of which 1988 action adventure film?
5. The film ‘White Christmas’ features the classic song of the same name. But which film does this song originally appear?
6. What is Father Christmas known as in ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’?
7. George Bailey is the main character in which classic Christmas movie?
It’s a Wonderful Life
8. In the Christmas hit film ‘Home Alone’ which city did Macaulay Culkin’s family visit, leaving him behind?
9. How many roles does Tom Hanks play in Polar Express?
10. What is the missed present that Arthur Christmas must find a way to deliver to a little girl in Cornwall?
11. Which tough guy actor was the star of the 1996 film ‘Jingle All The Way’?
12. Which famous US cartoon film featuring Snoopy has been shown on TV every year since it was made in 1965?
A Charlie Brown Christmas
13.What is the festive-named character played by Denise Richards in the Bond film ‘The World is Not Enough’ called?
Dr Christmas Jones
14. Who played Scrooge in ‘A Muppet Christmas Carol’?
15. Which 1982 winter animated film is only 27 minutes long?
16. Which legendary Hollywood actress and former child star played Esther Smith in the 1944 Christmas musical ‘Meet Me in St. Louis’?
17. Christmas comedy ‘Trading Places’ is about a wager between rich men forcing a stockbroker and a homeless man to trade lives (Dan Akroyd and Eddie Murphy). How much is the bet for?
18. Which British actor plays Santa Claus in the 1994 remake of ‘A Miracle on 34th Street’?
19. Complete this line ‘How The Grinch Stole Christmas’: “Blast this Christmas music …”?
It’s joyful and triumphant.
20. In the romantic comedy ‘The Holiday’ Cameron Diaz swaps home with Kate Winslet and falls for her brother played by which British actor?
21. 1983 ‘A Christmas Story’ is the story of a boy who longs for a BB gun for Christmas, but what warning do all the adults in his life (including Santa) give him when he asks for it?
You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid
22. In the Christmas themed ‘Batman Returns’, what decoration do Batman and Catwoman say “can be deadly if you eat it?
23. How many Nativity! movies have been released to date?
Four – (Nativity!, Nativity 2:Danger In The Manger and Dude, Nativity 3: Where’s My Donkey, Nativity Rocks!)
24. Which singer released a film called Christmas on the Square on Netflix in 2020?
25. In the 2017 movie ‘The Man Who Invented Christmas’ stars Dan Stevens as which author?
26. Which famous couple play Santa Claus and Mrs Claus in Netflix’s ‘The Christmas Chronicles’ and its sequel?
Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
27.In ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’, who mentions that they never have enough socks, because people always buy them books for Christmas?
28. What is the name of the song performed by Billy Mack in Love Actually, a festive cover version of previous hit single?
Christmas is All Around
29. In which film does Tim Allen’s character accidentally kill Santa and is forced to take over the role?
The Santa Clause
30. Which 1980s cult hit features furry creatures that wreak havoc on Christmas Eve?
31. In Mean Girls, what song do The Plastics perform a risqué routine to in front of their school?
Jingle Bell Rock
32. In The Princess Switch, what competition is Vanessa Hudgens’ Stacey taking part in before her brush with royalty?
33. Which March sister opens LM Alcott’s Little Women by grumbling “Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents?”
34. Who played the lead in the 1988 film ‘Scrooged’?
35. Name the movie where a cousin arrives and parks his RV on the driveway?
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
36. In which movie does a reluctant postman befriend a reclusive toymaker and starts a Christmas tradition?
37. What’s the name of Anna and Elsa’s Kingdom in Frozen?
Download and print the Christmas Movie Quiz
If you would like to make it easier you can download a copy of this Christmas movie quiz at home. It is in PDF format so you can print it out if you like.
There are two versions of the Christmas movie quiz for you to choose from: the first is the questions and answers together, and the second version has the answers on separate pages.
And as always, we have made the sheets in both A4 and US letter size so there should be a paper size to suit your printer options wherever you are in the world.
To get your free copy and access the rest of the free resource library filled with lots of other quizzes and planning guides, simply fill out your details in the form below and you’ll get the secret password.
The Christmasphere resource library is solely for our subscribers to help them make the best of their Christmas season, you are more than welcome to unsubscribe at any time.