Because we can’t get enough of Christmas quizzes this year we have pulled together a Christmas music quiz. We are so excited to share this one with you. In fact, we will probably keep adding to it because there is so much to Christmas music and pretty much all of us will be aware of Christmas music in some form or another.
Stay safe and host a Christmas quiz on a video chat with work colleagues, family, or friends this Christmas. We have a bunch of Zoom calls scheduled in for the next week or so. We can’t wait!
As always, pick and choose the questions and answers you like best for your quiz. Or if you are feeling epic, go for the whole lot.
Now, let’s get to the quiz. And good luck!
Quick links to information in this post
Christmas Music Quiz
1. Who sang ‘Last Christmas’?
2. As of 2019, which act holds the record fro having the most UK Christmas No.1s?
3. Which boy band had the UK Christmas Number one spot in 1994 with ‘Stay Another Day’?
4. Which Christmas song begins ‘It was Christmas Eve, babe, in the drunk tank…’?
Fairy Tale of New York
5. Who recorded the original – and still the most famous – version of ‘White Christmas’ in 1942?
6. Which famous Christmas song begins with the lyrics: ‘the mood is right, the spirit’s up, we’re here tonight and that’s enough’?
Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney
7. Which band scored an unlikely Christmas No. 1 in 2009 thanks to a public revolt against winners of ‘The X Factor’?
Rage Against The Machine
8. Which music legend had a 1964 hit with ‘Blue Christmas’?
9. How many ‘las’ are after the ‘fa’ in ‘Deck the Halls’?
10. Who had a huge hit in 1976 with the soothing Christmas classic ‘When a Child is Born’?
11. Which Chris Rea song includes the lyrics ‘Top to toe in tailbacks, oh I got red lights all around?
Driving Home for Christmas
12. How many versions of ‘Do They Know It’s Christmas’ have been released?
Four – 1984, 1989, 2004, 2014
13. Eartha Kitt had a hit with Santa Baby in the 1950s. Who re-recorded it in 2003?
14. Who sang the theme tune to ‘The Snowman’ Walking in the Air?
15. ‘One More Sleep’ was a Christmas song by which former X Factor winner?
16. Who duetted with Mariah Carey on a re-release of her festive hit ‘All I Want for Christmas’ in 2011?
17. What’s the second line of “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas”?
Just like the ones I used to know
18. Which movie star turned to singing during Christmas 2001 scoring a number one hit single across the world in a duet with pop star Robbie Williams?
19. In the Fairytale of New York song, what were the boys of the NYPD choir singing?
20. What is the only band in the history of the UK singles charts to have achieved Christmas number one twice with the same song?
Queen – with Bohemian Rhapsody in 1975 and 1991
21. Complete the next line of this song – ‘Does he ride a red-nosed reindeer? Does he turn up on the his sleigh?…’
Do the fairies keep him sober for a day?
22. Lily Allen topped the charts in 2013 with a cover of a Keane song used in a Christmas advert. What was the song?
Somewhere Only We Know
23. In the lyrics Santa Baby, what colour auto space convertible does Eartha Kitt ask Santa to bring her?
24. Which of single topped the Christmas charts for 10 weeks?
I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
25. In ‘Last Christmas’ who does the singer give his heart to?
26. Who sings the opening line of the original Band Aid single in 1984?
27. How many weeks did East 17s Stay Another Day spend at number one?
28. Complete the lyric: ‘And so this is Christmas, and what have you done, another year over …’
And a new one just begun.
29. In the twelves days of Christmas, how many ladies were dancing?
30. Only two bands have had three consecutive number ones in the UK. Who are they?
The Beatles and Spice Girls
DOWNLOAD AND PRINT THE QUIZ
We have created some free printables for you. You can download this quiz as a PDF and print at home. There are two versions – one with the questions and answers combined, and another with the answers on a separate sheet. Plus, as always, we have provided the PDFs in both A4 and US letter size so there you should be the right size for your home printer.
To get your FREE Christmas music quiz simply fill in your details in the form below, confirm your email and you will receive the password and access to the secret resource library.